The Future Awards Africa (TFAA), Africa’s biggest youth awards, will be touring 10 African cities to host town hall meetings as part of run up to the 10th edition of TFAA set to take place in December.
The town hall meetings, designed to gather leading young people within communities to host meaningful dialogue aimed at tackling important issues facing the continent with a focus on their community, will also spur nominations of young Africans creating change. Taking place in August and September 2015, these meetings will cut across the continent, taking place in cities including Durban, South Africa; Dakar, Senegal; Accra, Ghana; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The theme for TFAA’s 10th anniversary is ‘Imagine Africa!’ chosen to highlight young Africans who are fulfilling the promise of the continent by conquering the unlimited frontiers of imagination. TFAA is proud to demonstrate the richness and variety of positive change catalysed by these young ideas.
Nominations are open to the general public for individuals or teams above the age of 18 and no older than 31, who have been able to create incredible impact and well-documented accomplishments within their community and/or globally in the last year. These achievements should revolve around their results, potential for growth plus the ability to inspire other young people in Africa.
The award categories for 2015 are:
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Education
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Agriculture
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Advocacy
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Technology
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Public Service
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Community Action
- The Tony O. Elumelu Prize in Business
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Entertainment
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Enterprise Support
- The Future Awards Africa Prize for African Young Person of the Year
For more information and to nominate a candidate, visit www.thefutureafrica.com/awards, send an email to email@example.com, or send an SMS to +234 802 222 6712. Nominations close September 2015.
Leave your views in comments box below.