Last Sunday the 25th of November 2012 eventually came and expectations were surpassed as Exquisite magazine made history once again at the FOURTH edition of the Exquisite Ladies of the Year Awards held at the luxurious Porsche Center in VI.
With the theme Diamonds and Pearls, the year of luxury, the event kicked off at 6pm with cocktails and all the glitz and glamour that accompanies a celebrity studded red carpet, guests endlessly trooping in, all looking exquisite.
Matse of Nigeria info and Kaylah of Cool FM played hosts to the distinguished ladies and gentlemen in attendance. Eng Manny Igbenoba said the opening prayer and Niyola sang the National Anthem. Music Performances were by Black Magic, Korede Bello, Gaise, Ms Jaie, Omo Akin and Eva. All had explosive performances that left the audience wishing for more.
Guests at the ELOY 2012 awards include Sen. Oluremi Tinubu who was represented by Mrs Shonape, Monalisa Chinda, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde (a nominee), Eva, Tonye Cole (Sahara Group), Jide Sanwoolu, Bevely Naya, Emem Isong, Joseph Benjamin, Toyin Lawani, Toyin Ladejobi, Eni Balogun, Tiwa Savage, Lexy Mojo-Eyes, Frank Osondi, Joyce (CoolFM) and many more.
Tewa Onasanya the editor in chief of exquisite magazine stated that the ELOY award is an award ceremony used to celebrate women of excellence in different fields and also used as a platform to increase the awareness for cervical cancer. Dr Matilda Kerry (MBGN 2000) gave a speech on cervical cancer.
The Awardees mounted the stage as called upon by the hosts and the winners of the ELOY 2012 are:
1. Female Photographer of the year: Yetunde Ayeni-Babaeko
2. Female TV Presenter of the year: Helen Paul
3. Female on air personality of the year: Kaylah Oniwo
4. Female Fashion Designer of the year: Kenny for Keto Couture
5. Make-up artist of the year: Lola Maja Okojevoh
6. Stylist of the Year: Lucy Phil-Ebosie
7. Actress of the year: Omotola Jalade Ekeinde (Ties that Bind)
8. Female Brand Ambassador of the year: Stephanie Linus
9. Female Movie producer of the year: Emem Isong (I'll take my chances)
10. Sports woman of the year: Blessing Okagbare (Athelet) and Esther Oyema (Paralypics Gold Medalist and World record holder for weight lifting)
11. Beauty Brand of the year: Sleek
12. Food Manufacturing company of the year: Dufill Limited (manufacturers of Indomie)
13. Entrepreneur of the Year: Honourable Chief Mrs Oluremi Dangaji, CEO APlus Entertainment, Zakamfa Travel and Tourism, APlus Record label and APlus model agency.
14. Female Banker of the year: Mrs Marian Abubakar, Regional Manager Ekobank South South.
1. Mrs Fola Laoye, MD Hygaei, for her role in the provision of health care in Nigeria.
2. Mrs Pamela Adedayo, MD/ CEO Tastee Fried Chicken for her role in the Fast Food Industry in Nigeria
3. Mrs Maryanne Okonjo, CEO Fine and Country for her role in the Real estate industry in Nigeria
4. Mrs Rosemary Mordi, President Down’s Syndrome association of Nigeria, for her role in raising awareness for and caring for children affected with Down's Syndrome
5. Mrs Abiola Alabi, MD Africa Magic, Mnet Africa for her role in the media/ Entertainment industry in Nigeria.
ELOY is powered by Exquisite magazine. The 2012 edition partners include Porsche, Arra Wines, Mandies Cocktails, Groundies, WorldPR, Luxury Hampers gifts & co, Eventique, Promasidor, X-pression, Lufthansa, Power Horse, Bella Naija, Cool FM.