Kebbi State Discharges Two Last COVID-19 Patients
The Government of Kebbi State after recovery discharged the last two COVID-19 patients in its isolation centre.
This was disclosed by the Task Force Chairman on COVID-19, who is also the Commissioner for Health, Jafar Muhammed, who said follow up tests conducted on them came back negative.
He stated that with the latest discharge, the state no longer had any active case of COVID-19 left from its initial toll of 32 cases.
“Our two remaining COVID-19 patients at the isolation center in Kebbi Medical Center, Kalgo, are discharged today. So, by implication, they are free to be integrated back into the mainstream society because their results turned out to be negative after their two weeks stay in the isolation centre,” Muhammed said.
Katsina Lifts Ban On Jumai Prayers, Church Services And Lockdown Across State
Katsina State Governor, Bello Masari has announced the temporary lifting of lockdown, ban on religious gatherings every Friday and inter-local government movements across the state.
The governor said the decision was to enable Muslim and Christian faithful observe their weekly religious activities while every Friday of the week was declared lockdown-free for residents to get essential items.
He said hand sanitisers must be provided and used by each worshipper at every entry point and at other convenient points of religious premises.
Nigerian Medical Association Urges Kogi Governor To Show Evidence That State Is Coronavirus-free
The Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, on Thursday tackled the Federal Government to caution Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State over his claim that there are no cases of COVID-19 in the state.
NMA also challenged Kogi State Government to show Nigerians evidence that the state was free from COVID-19, rather than downgrading the results released by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, which listed the state among those with confirmed cases.
Recall that Kogi State government had earlier reacted to the publication by NCDC, that two positive cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in the state on May 27.
A statement by the state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr Saka Audu, described it as a “fallacy,” insisting that Kogi was free from COVID-19.
Court Convicts Two For Violating COVID-19 Directive In Ondo
A mobile Magistrate Court sitting in Ondo State’s capital, Akure has sentenced two middle-aged men, Shadrack Adi and Bidemi Samuel to seven days of community service for violating the state‘s order on COVID-19.
They were arraigned on Thursday after being arrested by the police. Both men were arraigned with five others before Magistrates O. Bukola on one count charge after committing the offence at Ayede in Ogbese area.
The other accused persons dragged before the court were Joseph Emmanuel, David Ajasco, Francis Benjamin, Victor Chukwuedu and Tolu Ayodele.
Although 2 persons out of the 7 accused pleaded guilty to the charge, others pleaded not guilty.
In her ruling, Magistrate Bukola ordered both Adi and Samuel to commence a two-hour community service per day for seven days.
She said the punishment would serve as a deterrent to others who are fond of going against the directive of the government.
According to Sahara Reporters, tge accused persons who pleaded not guilty to the offences were granted bail in the sum of N50, 000 each with one surety in like sum.
For more News, follow us on Instagram @OnoBelloMedia @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below