D’banj is currently in the United States of America, making strong contacts both in the U.S and globally. In addition, he is delving deeper into ‘fighting’ for Africa as a whole.
D’banj endorses The RED Manifesto
The One Campaign has merged the brand D’banj alongside very many great people and great causes.
After the African Leaders Summit in Washington DC, D’banj has made his way to California to visit one of his mentors, Bobby Shriver.
D’banj with Mentor and Friend Bobby Shriver
D’banj endorses Bobby Shriver as Los Angeles County Supervisor
Just in case you’re wondering who Bobby Shriver is, let’s give you a quick lowdown:
Bobby Shriver is an activist, attorney, journalist and a member of the Kennedy Family who lives in Santa Monica California.
His Achievements and why he is one of D’banj’s mentors:
– He has served as Mayor in the Santa Monica City Council.
– He was once an investor of the professional basket ball team ‘The Baltimore Orioles’.
– He served as president of RSS (his initials) a Beverly Hills California Music, Film & Philanthropic company.
– He produced the prime-time TV feature about Special Olympics and organization for disabled young people founded by his mother in 1968 which went on to raise 55 million USD for the program.
– He produced several films including “True Lies” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger (Arnold was once married to Bobby’s sister).
– He Co Founded DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa) alongside U2 lead singer BONO.
– With his involvement and as CEO, DATA became one of the founding organizations in 2004 of the ONE Campaign in which D’banj is heavily involved.
– In 2006, Bobby and Bono also co-founded product RED, a brand licensing company that raises money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
D’banj is not only re-inventing his music but also making a strong impact in Africa and the world in general with Bangalee as a step ahead in the industry.