#EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Says No Lives Were Lost During Attack On Lekki Protesters

Sanwo-Olu-2-e1560031081204

Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has just announced that nobody was killed during a military attack on peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate on Tuesday night.

The governor who spoke in a statewide broadcast on Wednesday, started by saying that it was unfortunate that his government failed in persuading in Lekki protesters, noting that Alausa protesters were able to be dispersed peacefully.

He explained that as governor he could not engage in the rules of the military, however, he has ordered an investigation into the officers who were deployed to the protest ground. He also called on President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Army chief to unravel the sequence of events that occurred.

Sanwo-Olu further sympathized with the shooting victims, disclosing that they have not recorded any fatality, despite the widespread reports of deaths and several proofs on social media. According to eyewitnesses, at least a dozen have been reported dead.

He also reiterated that paying visits to the injured protesters along with the state’s Ministry of Health. According to him, most of their injuries were ‘mild to wanted’ states.

The governor concluded that he has directed the suspension of all state activities for the next three days, except those connected to the management of the ongoing issue or the state.

Earlier in the day, Sanwo-Olu had blamed the shooting on “forces beyond his control.” The governor said it was the toughest night of “our lives”, adding that the shooting leaves dark notes in the history of the state.

For more News, follow us on Instagram @OnoBelloMedia @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine


Leave your views in comments box below

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *