Fresh Kaduna Attacks Reportedly Leaves 22 Dead, Properties Destroyed

Kaduna Governor El Rufai OnoBello

Kaduna reported another unrest on Thursday as gunmen invaded four communities in Zangon Kataf council area of the state, killing 22 persons and setting ablaze a number of buildings.

Even with curfew in place, Guardian Nigeria reports that the victims were mainly women and children, while scores scampered for safety. The affected settlements are
Apyiashyim, Atak’mawai, Kibori and Kurmin Masara, all in Atyap chiefdom.

According to Irimiya Gandu, a Atak’mawai resident, who spoke the Newspaper, he said no fewer than 13 persons were slain. He said the armed “herdsmen” invaded the settlement around 1a.m.

 

Also, an indigene of Apiashyim, Jonathan Ishaya, said six lives and several homes were lost to the onslaught in his community. “The Fulani militia invaded the community at about 11pm on Wednesday night, shooting sporadically,” he reportedly confirmed.

Secretary to Atyap Traditional Council, Stephen Akut submitted that the “casualty figures are still sketchy” and “security operatives have been mobilised to the affected communities.”

The council chairman, Dr. Elias Manza, said three bodies had been recovered from Kurmin Masara, six in Apyia Shyam (Asha’a Wuce) and another 10 at Takmawai where destruction of properties was massive.

 

The rampant Southern Kaduna killings have been condemned across the nation by many other citizens and prominent figures. Since the onslaught, casualty figure have been reported to be 33.

For more News, follow us on Instagram @OnoBelloMedia @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine


Leave your views in comments box below

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *