President Goodluck Jonathan has condemned twin bombings in the central city of Jos, in which at least 118 people were killed on Tuesday May 20, 2014.
Mr. Jonathan said those who carried out the attack were “cruel and evil”.
It is feared more bodies still lie under the rubble of buildings destroyed by the explosions, which targeted a crowded market and a hospital.
The second blast in Jos came 30 minutes after the first, killing rescue workers who had rushed to the scene, which was enveloped by clouds of black smoke.
Nigeria has been facing a sustained campaign by the Islamist Boko Haram militant group.
Last month Boko Haram abducted 200 girls from a boarding school in the north-eastern town of Chibok.
The president said he was committed to fighting terrorism despite criticism that he has failed to ensure security.
His office described Tuesday's attack as a “tragic assault on human freedom”.
See photos from the scene of blasts.
Share via LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ & Facebook. Leave your views in comments box below.