Thank God it’s Friday!!! Time to put not only your best fashion but also face forward at red carpet events or any other function you might be attending.
To copy the bevy of celebs sporting smouldering, smoky eyes on the red carpet, stay away from blue hues – which can make you look like you have undereye circles. According to Marie Claire Magazine, you should go for black, gray, brown or if you want “colour,” dark green shadows and liners.
Follow these steps to make a statement with your eyes this weekend:
1. Apply a cream concealer over your eyelid to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
2. Use a pencil liner (black or gray looks best) to trace your top lashline from the inner corner to the outer. Then, use the same pencil to dot between your lower lashes. Smudge both lashlines with a cotton swab or an eyeliner brush.
3. Sweep powder shadow (brown, gray and dark green all work with black or gray liner) over your lid and into your crease, blending the colour up and outward.
TIP: To prevent colour from fading and give your lids a more shimmery finish, pat a cream shadow over the concealer on your lid first, wait five minutes, then top with a matching powder shadow.
4. Dust a lighter, neutral eyeshadow (such as ivory) over just your browbone.
5. Finish with two coats of black mascara.
Model: Marina Nery at the Society Management.
Photography: Richard Burbridge
Stylist: Vanessa Chow