Man Drives Through Trans Lives Matter Protest



A man driving a car plowed into Trans protesters at a vigil honoring a transgender woman who was shot dead by police in St Louis on Tuesday.

The memorial for Kenneth ‘Kiwi’ Herring turned violent on Wednesday night when a driver drove into protesters and hit three of them.

A police spokeswoman told the outlet the white male driver was taken into custody for felony fleeing, as photos show protesters on the hood of the man’s Mercedes. Jackson said the driver was taken into custody about a block from the intersection after initially refusing to stop for officers. She said the incident was captured on video.


Police and a witness gave differing versions of how protesters were injured when a driver pulled into a group that had blocked an intersection on Wednesday night.

The witness, Keith Rose, said the driver had his middle fingers raised before he accelerated through the group of people who were blocking Manchester Avenue and Sarah Street in the Grove neighborhood.

But St. Louis police said the driver stopped, honked and attempted to drive around the protesters before some of them surrounded his car and began hitting it with their hands and a flag pole.


The police statement, from spokeswoman Schron Jackson, said that three protesters were injured after they jumped onto the car and fell off when the driver pulled away.

People were gathered to honor the life of Herring, a 30-year-old black transgender woman, who was shot dead by St. Louis police on Tuesday.

Police were responding to a domestic dispute and claim they found a man with stab wounds and Herring wielding a knife, which she allegedly used to swing at officers.



Herring was shot to death by St. Louis police officers early Tuesday in north St. Louis. They say they received reports of a domestic dispute and arrived to find a 30-year-old man badly cut around the face, arms and torso. Police allege that Herring, also 30, was armed with a large kitchen knife and swung at officers, and that they then shot her.

Kristy Thompson, 28, was taken into police custody. Police say she was also involved in the attack on the 30-year-old male victim.

But the police description of Herring caused an outrage within the LGBTQ community because they initially described the deceased as a 30-year-old man. Herring, friends and family say, identified as a woman.

The city’s LGBTQ community paid tribute to Herring with a memorial




Leave your views in comments box below.

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *