One of the major trends for this season is clearly bold prints for men. Caricatures, florals, landscapes, fruits and vegetables, exotic tribal and animal prints are found in everything from dress shirts, shorts, trousers, t-shirts, swim trunks, suits, and all kinds of men’s accessories.
It’s been said that Real men wear pink, well now it’s “Real Men Wear Prints”. Conservative menswear red carpet looks seem to be a thing of the past as more and more men step out in prints.
Here are some of the tips to mixing prints for men:
• Vary the scale. Mix a small neat print with a splashier one. Or an eye-popper with one that’s more neutral.
• Stay within the same color family.
• Mix up the fabrics, the weights — a rough-textured fabric with a more refined one. Somehow a nubby,
• Toss in some polka dots, stripes or even leopard prints, which are easier to mix with other patterns because they’re simple and graphic. And they’re familiar to the eye.
• Consider the accessories. When combining clashing tops and ties, you can tone down the brights with a great tan leather bag or pair of sandals. Straw works, too.
What do you think? Are you brave enough to let your man wear prints?