Calling all vegans as we introduce today’s cuisine which features quick and easy healthy recipe to The Vegan Nigerian‘s Sweet Potato Pancakes.
According to the curator, Tobi Makanjuola, “These pancakes are fantastic if you’re trying to reduce your sugar intake. A wholesome way to start the day.”
Ingredients: (serves 2-3)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup self-raising wholegrain flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sunflower oil
- Lemon juice (optional)
You’ll need to bake the sweet potato first and there are two ways you can do this:
- Microwave: poke the sweet potato all over with a fork, wrap in a damp sheet of kitchen paper and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and microwave for another 4-5 minutes. You should be left with a soft and squishy potato afterwards
- Oven: poke all over with a fork and place the sweet potato on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, gas mark 6, then turn it over and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- To make the pancakes, cut the baked sweet potato length-wise and scrape out the soft flesh into a large mixing bowl. Add the flour, milk and cinnamon, and give it a good mix. Lightly oil the bottom of a frying pan and drop the pancake mix in one tablespoon at a time, using the back of the spoon to spread and flatten the pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 5 mins on low-medium heat until brown on one side. Flip over and brown the other side. Serve warm with a little lemon juice drizzled over the top.
Photo Credit: Instagram.com/vegannigerian
For more on Fashion, follow us on Instagram @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below