This sumptuous looking cauliflower curry is easy to make and a tasty healthy option for the family.
Cauliflower, itself offers impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K and beta-carotene, and it’s easily roasted in this delicious, Indian-spice-inspired dish that takes less than 30 mins to prepare with a cooking time of 10 to 30 minutes.
See the ingredients and method of preparation below.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp mild curry power
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- hot water as needed
- 7 new potatoes, chopped into small chunks, par-boiled and drained
- 85ml/3fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the sliced onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the curry powder, chilli flakes and cumin seeds and fry for a further minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets, stir well to coat in the spices, and then add enough hot water to cover the cauliflower. Bring to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the par-boiled potatoes and cook for two minutes, or until the potatoes and cauliflower are completely cooked.
- Add the milk, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and heat through for one minute.
- Add the coriander and chives and stir through.
- To serve, spoon the curry into four bowls.
Photo Credit: Getty
For more on Fashion, follow us on Instagram @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below