Hey OB Family, we’ve got another OB Cuisine dinner recipe for you to try. In a blog post, Afrofems is sharing her recipe for her much requested Citrus Lamb.
She says, “This citrus lamb dish can be served with a number of sides. The best sides to enjoy with it are potatoes, rice or even yam. The taste is slightly more acidic because of the citrus content but I tried to balance this with basil because the citrus was too strong for me.”
- 4 pieces of Medium Lamb Chops
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 2 cups of Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 slices of Lemon
- A handful of basil
- A teaspoon of black pepper
Method of Preparation
- Season lamb chops with seasoning cubes and black pepper.
- In a pan on medium heat, heat up the butter and olive oil.
- Pan fry your garlic and then add the lamb chops and sear on both sides. Leave on one side for 5-7 minutes to brown and then flip it to the opposite side and leave for the same amount of time.
- When the lamb is seared, add the tomato paste, lemon juice and zest and reduce the heat.
- Pour in your orange juice and allow the lamb slow cook in the juice till soft. This should take 20-25 minutes on low heat.
- Add the basil and lemon slices to the sauce and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve with rice or potatoes or yam
For more on Cuisine, follow us on Instagram @OnoBello @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below