Ofada Sauce or stew is a Nigerian favourite usually eaten with the Ofada Rice (local Nigerian rice). The combination of meats and peppers adds complex flavours that keeps everyone wanting more.
The best part about this recipe is that it is easy to prepare and will have you enjoying the meal in no time at all. See the general Ofada Sauce recipe below, although recipes can be more:
- 1/4 cup palm oil
- 1 tbsp. Iru (Locust Beans)
- 1 kg assorted meat (Shaki, Kpomo, Liver) – already cooked
- 600 g cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp. crayfish
- 1 medium onion
- Green tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Green habanero Pepper
Method of Cooking:
- Blend green tomatoes, peppers and onion. Place in a pot and boil for 15 minutes
- Heat up a pot and add palm oil. Allow to bleach for 10 minutes – This means leaving it to heat up and smoke till it is almost similar to vegetable oil. After 10 minutes allow cooling a bit.
- Add chopped onion, saute, then add the boiled tomato/pepper mixture.
- Add salt, iru (locust beans), assorted meat and crayfish. Cover and allow to cook till oil floats to the top.
- Add chicken stock, taste and add seasoning cube if necessary. Now you may add the cooked chicken.
- Allow the ingredients to cook for 5 more minutes and simmer.
For more on Fashion follow us on Instagram @OnoBello @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below