The Kitchen Muse is out with an updated recipe of her popular Vegetable Soup (Efo Riro) on her YouTube channel. In this episode, she teaches her viewers how to prepare the delicious soup using Shoko leaves (Lagos Spinach).
She says, “Tell me, what’s not to love about Efo Riro? It’s packed with loads of nutrients, has carbs, proteins, fats & oils and so delicious.”
See ingredients and method of preparation below.
- 6 Cups Shoko Leaves
- 1/2 Cup palm oil
- 550g Meats (Goat meat, Shaki, Pomo)
- Pepper mix (6 Tatase, 4 Rodo, 2 Onions, 2 Tomatoes)
- 1 Med Dried fish
- 2 Tbsp Ground Crayfish
- 2 Stock Cubes
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 50g Dried Prawns
- Pour some palm oil in a pot, when it heats up, add in Pepper mix, then some Locust beans, dried prawns, then add in seasoning, leave to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in Goat meat, Shaki and Pomo, stir well till all meats are coated in the sauce. Cover and allow to cook some more.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add in the vegetables then add the dried fish, do not stir! cover and cook for 5 minutes, allowing the steam wilt the vegetable.
- Open the pot, then stir the vegetable into the sauce till its properly mixed, allow to cook for another 2 minutes and your Efo Riro is ready.
- Serve with boiled plantain or any swallow of your choice or rice. Enjoy!
For more on Cuisine, follow us on Instagram @OnoBello @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below