Have you guys ever thought about spicing up your rice game? Well if you have, then the vegetable rice is the perfect option for you.
With a healthy recipe presented by Uneku Jegede of Kauna Kitchen, the vegetable rice dish is an easy and tasty dish to add to your repertoire of healthy dishes. We’ve always been challenged to find new and healthy rice options, and we finally found one.
Ready to try the vegetable rice recipe? See below.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal/Side Dish
Meal time: Lunch or Dinner
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups spinach, efo, or ugwu leaves, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 hot pepper, diced
- 2 to 3 cups meat broth or water
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cooking spoon oil
- Wash rice and parboil for 5 minutes; drain, rinse and set aside. Heat oil in pot; add onions, garlic, and pepper; fry for 2 minutes.
- Add parboiled rice, fry rice stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add meat broth or water; cover rice with lid and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or till rice is cooked.
- Turn off the heat; add spinach and stir properly. Let the steam cook the leaves for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with your choice of protein.
Photo Credit: KaunaKitchen.com
For more on Fashion, follow us on Instagram @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below