Today’s cuisine features a video from food blogger, The Kitchen Muse, as she teaches how to make a healthy meal option for weight watchers and fit fam lovers, vegetable couscous.
According to her “It’s very flavorful because it is cooked in broth and not plain water. It’s also packed with lots of tasty veggies and it’s a great, healthy alternative to rice.”
Here are the ingredients and method of preparation (video).
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Seasoning Powder
- 1 medium Carrots
- 1/2 cup each Yellow and Red Pepper
- 1 Medium Green Pepper
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Garlic Powder
- Dissolve some seasoning powder in some water to make a broth to cook the couscous. Be careful not to use too much broth in cooking the couscous so its not soggy. Add water a little at a time.
- After the broth has boiled, add the couscous.
- Put a little oil in the pan, add the carrots first because they are tougher to cook.
- Add bell peppers.
- Add all seasoning.
- Add a little sweetcorn and spring onions.
- Fluff up the cooked couscous then add to the stir fried veggies.
- Stir continuously to allow the flavors of the veggies mix well with the couscous.
- Cover for about 2 minutes to allow the flavors from the vegetables to be soaked up by the couscous
- Your vegetables couscous is ready to serve. You can serve it with any protein of your choice.