Every now and then ladies and gentlemen, you need to let loose and unwind, and what better way than a well deserved beauty spa day, after a tiring working week. The spa is the one place you need to go for maximum pampering, relaxation, and general well being. The men also need to know that there’s nothing feminine about the spa, you too need to relax and be pampered!
All you need is for you to endeavour to choose a good spa and the benefits will be truly rewarding. It’s always a good idea to arrive for your spa treatment at least 20 minutes earlier, so you can cool off, change into your robe and enjoy some of the facilities available like sauna, steam bath and hot tub. This sounds refreshing!
Here Are 5 Scrumptious Spa Treatments For A Revitalising Day
1. Massages: A good way to start off your spa treatment is by getting a massage. There are lots of massage therapy styles available with a wide variety of pressures, movements, and techniques. You need to pick the appropriate style that bests fits your need with the help of your therapist. Do you go for long, smooth strokes to short or percussive strokes? The choice is yours! The most popular method is the Swedish Massage. It involves the use of massage oil to ease and soothing in long, smooth strokes and covers the parts of the body not being massaged with a sheet. Whatever style you opt for the treatment is sure to improve your blood circulation, relieve stress, and improve your breathing.
2. Face Treatments: Facials will help remove the dry dull skin cells from the skin’s surface. This treatment involves exfoliation, steam, masks, peels, moisturizers, and massages. You stand to benefit from this treatment as it helps to remove clogged pores and will completely hydrate the new fresh layer of the skin. It will also help tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles.
3. Body Treatments – There is a variety of skin treatment available to you at spas. This option ranges from aquatherapy, body polishes, body wraps and wichy showers. Body polishes seems to be the most sought-after treatment especially salt scrub. With this treatment the body is scrubbed to slough dead skin cell off to reveal a smoother looking skin. This treatment will certainly improve the skin.
4. Nail Treatments: Most spas offer the option of bothmanicure and pedicure. Spas often go an extra mile than your typical nail salon. In addition to the regular shaping and polishing of nails, nail technicians at spas will also exfoliate the skin, soften the skin, and perform warm cream or hot stone massage.
5. Hair Removal: Waxing is the traditional hair removal technique for most spas. Aestheticians will apply hot wax to the skin and then press a cloth strip into the wax. They then pull off the strip with the hairs captured by the wax. Waxing is excellent as it helps to remove hair from all areas of the body, including back hair, eyebrows, leg hair, upper-lip hair and bikini areas.
Check out our list of recommended spas below:
Montaigne Place – The Spa
Address: Plot 226b MuriOkunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The BMS Spa
Address: 4 Magbon Close, Off Macpherson Avenue,Ikoyi, Lagos.
Address: 112, Norman Williams Street, Off Keffi Street, South/West Ikoyi, Lagos.
Four Points By Sheraton
Address: Plot 9/10 Block 2 Oniru Chieftaincy Estate, Lagos.
BNatural Med Spa
Address: 11 Oduduwa Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.
Address: 31b Suez Crescent, Sheraton Housing Estate, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Please share your views and comments below: