Presidential Task Force On COVID-19 Appeals For Suspension Of Holiday Travels

Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 OnoBello

With nationwide coronavirus hospitalizations topping 66,000 and daily case counts on a steady figure, the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has advised that village travels be suspended for the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Boss Mustapha, chairman of the task force and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, gave the advice at a press briefing on Monday where he said such holiday trips should be put on hold to reduce the spread of the virus which is still in the country.

According to him, there will always be other festive seasons when people can travel for.

“Ahead of the upsurge in travels for the Christmas and New Year festivities, we urge strongly that for this year, such trips should be put on hold firmly because of the risks involved,” he said. The transmission rate has simply become astronomical. There will always be many more festive seasons to celebrate.”

Mustapha, during his address, also raised an alarm of international travellers’ violating travel protocols and guidelines, including presenting fake test results. According to him, the committee would be enforcing sanctions on violators of COVID-19 travel protocols and guidelines.

He disclosed that about three hundred names of violators had been compiled for appropriate actions. He further revealed that many travellers who paid for post-arrival COVID-19 test have refused to take the test.

 

He further urged strongly that for this year, holiday trips from Nigerians in diaspora should be put on hold firmly because of the risks involved. “The transmission rate has simply become astronomical,” he noted.

For more News, follow us on Instagram @OnoBelloMedia @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine


Leave your views in comments box below

Share this

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *