Forget prints and forget colours. It’s time to take inspiration from the monochromatic looks on the runway. While black and white prove to be the most popular hues to wear this season, color is acceptable, but only if it's tone on tone.
|Adaora Oleh||Agbani Darego|
|Elohor Aisien||Temitope Bello|
If you like to keep things simple, this season’s monochrome trend is the perfect style solution. The colour combination of black and white is as timeless as it is flattering. One of the best things about the monochrome trend is its versatility. Stripes, spots or block colour, there’s a myriad of ways to wear it.
|Veronica Ebie-Odeka||Stephanie Olize|
Still have doubts? Check these 5 reasons to embrace monochrome:
• This is a classic look. It’s timeless, so even if the fashion gods are not dictating that it’s a style for the season, you can wear it anyway. This means you probably already have pieces that fit the trend and plenty of opportunities to “shop” this one from your wardrobe.
• It ALWAYS looks smart. No matter what the occasion or time of day, whip out a black and white ensemble and you’re good to go.
• You can work this look on a budget because the combination is inherently stylish. Still aim for pieces that are made well and in fabrics that will wear well over time (remembering this trend will always come around again).
• The monochrome look lends itself very easily to a splash of colour with accessories. You’ll also find orange, green, red, fuchsia and shades of blue doing their showpony thing.
• Importantly, this is a trend you can embrace now when it’s still cold. Layer with coats and tights and then peel off those layers in the coming months for a crisp spring look.
Share via LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ & Facebook. Leave your views in comments box below.