The Ebola outbreak in eastern DR Congo has now claimed 50 lives since the beginning of the month, the authorities said on Monday, as the government announced free treatment against the disease for the next three months.
The health ministry said that the death toll had been increased as of Sunday following a new victim in Mabalako-Mangina, close to Beni, the epicentre of the outbreak in the North Kivu province, according to the Punch.
In all, “91 cases of haemorrhagic fever were reported in the region, 64 of which had been confirmed and 27 were seen as probable,” the ministry said.
At the same time, the medical team in charge of fighting the disease revised downwards the estimated number of “contacts” — people who may have had contact with the virus — from 2,157 to 1,609, following epidemiological tests.
For more on Breaking News, follow us on Instagram & Twitter @OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine.
Leave your views in comments box below.