Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have decided to call it quits.
“Anna and I are sad to announce we are legally separating,” Pratt wrote in a joint statement shared on Facebook on Sunday. “We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed.
“Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward,” he continued. “We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another.”
The couple’s split comes after eight years of marriage. Pratt, 38, and Faris, 40, have one child together, Jack, who will turn 5 in August. The two met on the set of Take Me Home Tonight in 2007 and got engaged a year later before marrying in summer 2009.
There had been rumors of tension between the couple over the past year, and Pratt was recently spotted without his wedding ring in public.
According to PEOPLE Faris often seemed unhappy while Pratt was away filming and that the separation was often hard for her to bear.
Last December, the actress opened up on an episode of her podcast, Anna Faris Is Unqualified, about “feeling so hurt” by rumors regarding her marriage.
“I think it was a combination of things. I take pride in how great my relationship is with Chris, but having said that, of course in this crazy world where he’s off doing movies and I’m in L.A. raising our child, of course I’m going to feel vulnerable, like any normal human would,” she told her pal and actress Isla Fisher on the show.
Leave your views in the comment box below.