It’s really quite simple to take on a trend. Just follow this smart advice from us.
Sometimes, we wonder why wearing leather is so fraught with meaning. Most of us carry bags made out of it without a second thought, but when we slip into something with leather in it, some of us feel too biker chick or not right for the humid weather in this part of the world- the tropics!
Of course you cannot wear a leather jacket in a place like Nigeria except you want people to think you are a bit crazy or end up killing yourself with heat and goodness the smell from wearing a head to toe leather ensemble will make people run in the opposite direction from you, however you will see here, a little accents here and there goes a long way toward looking cool.
With wearing leather accents, you are showing just a hint of your inner bad girl: Classic shapes suggest a certain kind of woman, but the leather details add an edgy and intriguing element.
What To Go For?
- A shirt of tee shirt with contrasting leather pockets.
- Leather piping on the hand, has equestrian overtones, which are not at all rock and roll but sort of old school traditional.
- Leopard print pumps or sandals with leather straps are unapologetically hot and you can team them with a demure LBD.
Add These Cool Touches
How To Pull It Off!
- If you don’t normally gravitate to leather, go easy on the trend. A piece with a leather neckline trim gets you into the trend. Ditto for sunglasses with quilted leather temples.
- Pair faux-leather leggings with a cute ladylike blouse for a tough-soft effect.
- Do not go goth with your makeup; smoky eyes and nude lips keep the attitude sexy.
Don’t Have To Spend a Fortune
- In general terms, items with a touch of leather are cheaper than all-leather ones
- Go for pleather. The faux material has a soft, supple look as well.
- Leather-or pleather- trimmed leggings are super-versatile. Wear them with a T-shirt on the weekend or a tuxedo jacket for a sexy date. Make sure they fit like a glove.
Share your views, drop or reply comments below