Black soap… to use or not? This is one question you’ll find many ladies pondering over.
“I am quite vocal about my use of black soap, so it is of no surprise that many ask me what black soap I use! I sincerely love black soap and its effect on my skin but I do use different types to combat the ‘dryness/harshness’ that many seem to attribute to black soap”, says Lola OJ.
Many of you have asked about black soap and its uses, to be honest black soap (though it comes mostly in shades of brown) can be used in a number of ways for a number of things.
But, though we know what black soap is, do we really know what is in black soap and the different forms it takes?
“African black soap is made from the ashes of the barks and plants that are locally harvested such as plantain, palm tree leaves and shea tree barks.”
Things black soap can be used as:
- Body & face wash
- Face mask
- Body scrub
- Shaving foam
Some key benefits:
- Helps even out skin tone – full of antioxidants and nutrients so it helps fade skin discolouration
- To alleviate razor bumps – the shea butter content helps protect the skin
- Treating breakouts – can help reduce inflammation and irritated skin
- Balance out the PH levels in your skin – naturally rich in Vitamin A and E with natural cleanses plus iron
- Rejuvenate tough skin – the ashes in the black soap have great exfoliating properties to help remove dead skin
In this video you can learn about the ‘many faces’ of black soap, how I use it and how it reacts with water and the skin!
Please note, we all have different skin types and may take to products differently, this is how I find black soap for my skin which is ‘combination’ skin.
Please note, I use black soap alternately between my other skincare products and that seems to be the most effective way, as the black soap never gets too used to my skin so never looses its effectiveness.
If you have pity skin, black soap should work wonders! If you have dry skin it can also work wonders but ensure you add a good moisturiser into the mix and do not use as often!
Watch and hope it helps!
Leave your views in comments box below.