Boko Haram: Five Persons Killed In Kano Bomb Blast, Prompting The Cancellation Of Eid Festivities

The bombings take a toll on the Muslim festivities.

OnoBello

According to Yahoo Nigeria’s northern city of Kano on Sunday cancelled celebrations to mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan after two bomb attacks blamed on the Islamist group Boko Haram.

At least five people were killed and eight were injured in a bomb attack on a Catholic church in a mainly Christian area of the city, the largest in Nigeria’s north, police said.

The attack came shortly after the end of mass at the Saint Charles Catholic church, police spokesman Frank Mba told AFP.

“We suspect an IED (improvised explosive device) that was thrown from across the road” at the church in Kano’s Sabon Gari district, which has previously been targeted by Boko Haram, he added.

Also in Kano on Sunday, a woman suicide bomber blew herself up outside a university after police prevented her from carrying out an attack, injuring five officers, Mba said.

The worsening violence on Sunday prompted Kano’s emir to cancel Eid festivities — marking the end of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan — which were due to begin next week.

 

Article Credit & Photo Credit: Yahoo

 

 

Share this
Tagged under:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *