The Government of Edo State has confirmed the discharge of five more coronavirus (COVID-19) patients who have tested negative and recovered from the virus.
In a statement on Tuesday, Governor Godwin Obaseki announced that the recovered persons have been cleared from the state’s isolation centres to return to their families.
He said, “We have discharged five more COVID-19 patients from our isolation facilities, bringing the number of recoveries to 114. We appreciate our frontline workers, who are doing a good job in containing the spread of the virus. Kindly obey safety regulations and protect our aged population.”
Meanwhile, the Commissioner for Health, Dr Patrick Okundia, said the state has recorded 28 new confirmed cases. He explained that 17 people were tested at the Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital (ISTH) laboratory and 11 confirmed at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) laboratory.
Okundia said Edo has so far recorded a total of 3,191 suspected cases with 429 confirmed cases, 24 deaths, and 114 discharged. He added that the state has tested over 3,360 residents and has identified 1,535 others for contact tracing across the 18 Local Government Areas of the state.
For more News, follow us on Instagram @OnoBelloMedia @OBStreetStyle | Twitter: OnoBello | Facebook: OnoBello Magazine
Leave your views in comments box below