It was earlier reported that the Federal Government had sacked heads on information-related parastatals under the ministry of Information and Culture. Read here if you missed.
However, that was just the beginning.
President Buhari has sacked a total of 26 Director Generals and Managing Directors of agencies and departments of the government.
Ina a statement signed by Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr Babachir David Lawal, “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has approved that the most senior officers in the parastatals, agencies and councils should oversee the activities of the organizations pending the appointment of substantive CEOs.”
Find below, the full list of agencies and departments to undergo the changes:
1. Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
2. Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN)
3. Voice of Nigeria (VON)
4. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
5. National Broadcasting Commission (NBC)
6. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
7. New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
8. Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
9. Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)
10. Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
11. National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
12. Petroleum Equalization Fund
13. Nigeria Railways Corporation (NRC)
14. Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP)
15. Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)
16. Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) 18. Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
17. National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
18. Nigeria Investment Promotion Council (NIPC)
19. Bank of Industry (BoI)
20. National Orientation Agency (NOA)
21. Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
22. National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP)
23. National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) Nigerian Export-Import Bank
See more photos from the meeting below!
Leave your views in comments box below.