Think you have what it takes to become Nigeria's most prestigious beauty royalty? Then what are you waiting for? Register for the Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pageant now…
This year’s pageant also marks MBGN’s 25th anniversary of existence.
All Applicants must be
• Nigerian by birth
• Aged between 18 and 25 years old
• Must possess a minimum of a Secondary School Certificate
• Good looking
• There is no height restriction
• Three million naira and a brand new car
• A chance to represent Nigeria at the 2012 Miss World beauty pageant.
• Ambassador of beauty within and outside the country
• First runner up
• 1 Million naira and gifts
• A chance to represent Nigeria at the 2012 Miss Universe Beauty pageant.
Second Runner Up
• 1 Million naira and gifts
• A chance to represent Nigeria at the 2012 Miss Tourism International Pageant.
Forms are available at the following designated areas for N5,000 only
• Silverbird Communications, 17A T.O.S Benson Avenue, Sabo Yaba, Lagos.
• Silverbird Television: No 1 Rhythm Avenue, Lekki Beach, Lagos .
• Always Occassions at the E-center, 11 Tos Benson Venue, Sabo Yaba, Lagos.
• Occassions and Events: 2nd floor, Silverbird Galleria, 133 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos.
• His and Hairs unisex salon, E-center, Sabo Yaba
• Rhythm 94.7fm, Plot 1161, Memorial Drive beside Shehu Musa Yar' Adua center, Central Business District.
• Rhythm 93.7fm, 10 forces Avenue, Old G.R.A.
• 12 Ogbegie Street, Ugbowo
• Silverbird Cinemas, Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre.
• Silverbird Television beside NNPC Mega Station, along Enugu-Onitsha expressway
MBGN 2012 Zonal Screening Venues
Date: Tuesday March 27th
Venue:HomeVilleHotel,Evbuomwan street off Sapele road. Benin City, Edo State
Date: Thursday March 29th
Venue:Silverbird Showtime, Former Obi Wali Cultural Center, MILE 1, Diobu, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Date: Saturday March 31st
Venue:Silverbird Entertainment center, Plot 1161, Memorial Drive, By Musa Yar'aduaCenter,Central Business District, F.C.T, Abuja
Date: April 3rd
Venue: Xclusive lounge,Silverbird Galleria. 133, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos
MBGN Pageant History
The Pageant dates back to 1983 when it was called Miss Universe Nigeria but in 1986 it was rebranded and renamed the Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pageant.
The Most Beautiful girl in Nigeria pageant is created by Silverbird Productions and over the years has maintained it distinctive style and refined taste.
With over Two decades in existence; it is the most recognised and consistent beauty pageant in Nigeria.
The Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant has produced winners that have excelled in all walks of life both in Nigeria and internationally.
The first winner Lynda Chuba was also crowned Miss Africa that same year. She went on to become Honorable Lynda ChubaIkpeazu a member of The Nigeria National Assembly.
In 2001 the MBGN made history, producing the first ever Miss World of Black race;AgbaniDarego. She also placed in the Semi-finals of the 2001 Miss Universe Competition that year.
In 2005, there was another ground breaking moment as the MBGN 2005;Omowunmi Akinnifesi went on to win the Miss Tourism International title after representing Nigeria in Ukraine. She also became an Environmental Ambassador for the Lagos State Government in Nigeria.
Every year, one winner was chosen to represent Nigeria in all International Pageants but in 2007 the show was revamped to produce five winners who go on to represent Nigeria in several international pageants around the world.
MBGN World went for Miss World Pageant
MBGN Universe for Miss Universe
MBGN Tourism for Miss Tourism International. Other winners include MBGN ECOWAS,and MBGN Ambassador.
The Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant has indeed left its mark on the sands of time and is here to stay.